5 WAYS TO MOTIVATE YOURSELF TO HAVE THE BEST YEAR

For some reason, I have always liked to start my year officially in February, the January feel for me as always been about reflection and just sinking in the fact that a new year has officially begun. 
So today I'm sharing with you my six highly effective ways to motivate yourself to have the best year yet. 


1. Start sparkling clean: This has to be by far the least enjoyable way, but also the most rewarding. Starting the year with a fresh clean, tidy and organized home is literally the best feeling ever. I am a strong believer that a messy home can really weigh you down (take it from a clean freak like me my friends) so its time to put on your favorite tunes on and get cleaning!   

2. Beautiful new stationary: If you're anything like me, pretty new diaries, notepads, and pens make you feel all giddy inside. They're a surefire way to get you motivated to put pen to paper and start your 2018 with a bang.




3. Make (and break) goals: Writing down a list of goals for the year isn't just symbolic of a fresh start, but is the first step to actually achieving them. Sure, you're going to stumble along the way and, sometimes, give-up completely (working out every day - yeah right girl!), but you also might just blow your expectations as well. Guys, don't forget that it's totally fine if you fall behind or *gasp* fail. They're just additional steps on your way to success.

4. A fresh new you. After the craziness of the last few weeks of the year, chances are you're in need of some quality TLC. And I'm not talking about checking yourself into a five-star spa retreat (although, that is definitely preferable - who's with me?!), but simply treating yourself to much-deserved quality downtime.I've been living for the quiet moments soaking in a warm bath with a few Elemis candles flickering around me, only made more relaxing by a few luxurious Jo Malone Bath & Body products (the divine Peony & Blush Suede Bath Oil will transport you to a delicate floral paradise - it's that good).
When you appear on the other side of your 'me time', you'll feel calm, fresh and ready to take on the year. And you'll smell really good.


5. Get excited! Turn up your favorite Spotify playlist pour yourself a glass of your favorite bubbles and dance around your house like it's 1999 2018, 'cause the New Year is here and you may as well have a fabulously good time. Yes, you could look at 01/01/19 as just another day OR see it as a whole 365 days ahead of exciting possibilities, experiences, and growth.

And just remember, the next 12-months don't have to be perfect for this year to be your best yet.



What's your opinion?

@sandranwokocha